• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Ouch--Possibly tore a muscle in my leg

StrutterGear

Bluelight Crew
Playing football (soccer to you Americans) today and have severely fucked my leg. I have 'fragile' legs anyway, fluid build up behind my right knee and suffered from osgood schlatters since my early teenage years, but for once my knees arent the problem. Pulled muscles before but nothing like this.

Warming up and stretching off I chipped the ball and feel a twinge in my quad muscle, on top of my thigh. just started so pushed through the pain, but everytime i kicked it, it felt like somebody was punching me very hard. I end up smashing the ball and I feel it completley go. Now adrenaline has worn off it hurts to walk, and its a very bad aching pain. Feels like a dead leg rather than a muscle pull but I had no contact with anybody, what have i done?

Last edited by a moderator:
Quickest way of promoting healing? It's roughly 12 hours after now and it hurts so so much. Hurts when I move in bed!

RICE.

Rest & reassure.
Immobilize.
Cold.
Elevate.

NSAID will help as well.

Definitely sounds bad enough to see a doctor. You don't want to have a limp for life and after scar tissue builds up (though more an issue with joints) they have limited options. You can read up on torn muscles. I don't remember fully but you think you had a first degree which you made into a second degree by playing on it.

RICE.

Rest & reassure.
Immobilize.
Cold.
Elevate.

NSAID will help as well.

Definitely sounds bad enough to see a doctor. You don't want to have a limp for life and after scar tissue builds up (though more an issue with joints) they have limited options. You can read up on torn muscles. I don't remember fully but you think you had a first degree which you made into a second degree by playing on it.

OHYEAAA i forgot about RICE haha my doctor recommended it to me and i got all confused. thats a great way to help it recover.

try eating foods high in magnesium too

This.

Have you gone to see the doctor, OP? There isn't much more that can be suggested at this point if it's as bad as ama suggested with the scar tissue and all.

Let us know how you are doing and what the doctor said if you went.

Also edited your title for clarification.